New member, old collector!

Introduce yourself to the community - we're so glad to have you here!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

New member, old collector!

Postby skykitty » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:04 pm

Hi there! I'm super excited to have found this community while scouring the internet for all things vintage LPS.

My current status: Seller's Remorse! Littlest Pet Shops were my #1 favorite toy as a kid in the 90s, I had about 60 sets total, the charm bracelets, mail order pets, jewelry pets etc. At age 20, I sold them all except for a couple of favorites. Can anyone guess where I'm finding myself at age 30? RE-BUYING THEM ALL. :lol:

Did anyone else go through this? I sold them when I was a poor college student, not yet yearning for my childhood. Now I feel like I'm having some sort of quarter (1/3?) life crisis and I must have them all back for nostalgia purposes :)

I sold a lot of mine to a girl named Tina in Australia in 2007. It seems like the collector group is a pretty small core group, any chance you're here?

Well, that's me! Looking forward to having people to share the hobby with, thanks for having me.
skykitty

Re: New member, old collector!

Postby phoebemiller » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:08 pm

Welcome to the forum!! Your post made me laugh because I guess we can all relate to doing regrettable things in our early 20's!! Well look at the bright side. At least you're in a place in life right now where you can start collecting and now you'll really enjoy and appreciate what you get! This is a great forum and I think you'll find it very helpful!
phoebemiller

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:26 am

Welcome to the forum and back to the world of LPS. My parents gave away my toys as I got older. I started re-collecting again about 5 years ago all of the ones I had and always wanted. My collection is mostly complete. Its amazing how much nostalgia you get from these little toys. :D
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby jillrose » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:56 pm

Welcome to the forum! :) I sold two sets when I was younger because at the time I felt that they didn't belong with the rest of my collection :( I have since re-bought them, fairly recently! The quest is a fun one though frustrating at time! :lol:
Most Wanted: fakie baby pets!
jillrose

Postby loves toys » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:48 pm

Welcome to the forum, it's great to have you here. It's always an endless quest to find those needed pieces / sets.
loves toys

Return to Introductions