Hi! Collecting for my daughters!

Introduce yourself to the community - we're so glad to have you here!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

Hi! Collecting for my daughters!

Postby phoebemiller » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:15 pm

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum. I'm a 30 year old mommy to 3 little girls, and recently, it kind of dawned on me that maybe I should start buying some vintage littlest pet shop toys for them to play with in the future. These toys were my absolute favorite as a girl and I spent years obsessing over them. Well now I'm back at it! I want to build a nice little collection for my girls because I think they will love them as much as I did.

So far this is what I've bought:
-The blue Pet Shop Store case with the little accessories and bird cage
-The puppy pals set
-The magic monkeys set
-The polar animals set
-A little jogging hamsters set

-I basically went looking for each little set I remembered having.

The other one I had when I was little were the bunnies and I can't wait to get one of those!

I'd like to find out more about the values for these sets. I can't believe how expensive they can be! I think I paid a fair price for what I've gotten so far, but I'm kind of nervous about buying some other things I have in mind because they're just so expensive! How can I check values on this forum?

Thank you, and I'm looking forward to chatting with you all.
phoebemiller

Re: Hi! Collecting for my daughters!

Postby 8Caroline8 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:38 pm

Hi glad to have you here! You can go under the section price checks and then click on the first link, i believe it is open to anyone at this point. Otherwise you can ask what something is worth under that section as well! Hope this helps you out! I'm also kind of in your situation, trying to collect for my two nieces without spending a crazy amount on each set! I am also trying to build up a collection for my future kids!! :)
8Caroline8

Postby LPS-in-Germany » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:40 am

I also started with the same thoughts - building up a collection for my daughters.
They were about 2 years old when I started and I changed my mind soon :lol: :lol:

MYYYY collection will be mine until I die ;)
But since I started I came across so many extras - some of them were sold to or traded with other collectors but nevertheless my daughters have a collection they can be proud of. Thanking God they are not that picky towards completeness of what they have. I honestly have to say that they don't care about hair decorations or stuff like that - this might be reserved to the hardcore collectors. :lol:

Prices for incomplete sets vary enormously from the ones you pay for complete ones. So I think you will be able to build up a collection for your daughters at a decent price. Good luck :)
"Now I'm not looking for an absolution, forgiveness for the things I do - but before you come to any conclusions,
try walking in my shoes, try walking in my shoes
"

--> Wishlist: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5188
LPS-in-Germany

Postby phoebemiller » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:34 pm

LPS-in-Germany wrote:I also started with the same thoughts - building up a collection for my daughters.
They were about 2 years old when I started and I changed my mind soon :lol: :lol:

MYYYY collection will be mine until I die ;)
But since I started I came across so many extras - some of them were sold to or traded with other collectors but nevertheless my daughters have a collection they can be proud of. Thanking God they are not that picky towards completeness of what they have. I honestly have to say that they don't care about hair decorations or stuff like that - this might be reserved to the hardcore collectors. :lol:

Prices for incomplete sets vary enormously from the ones you pay for complete ones. So I think you will be able to build up a collection for your daughters at a decent price. Good luck :)

So funny! My husband says it's my collection, haha! He sees how much I enjoy getting them. I do plan on letting them play with it later on when my youngest is at least 5 or 6. I'm not sure if I'll be able to collect for both myself and them. I'm not very picky on complete collections either, since I mostly want it for them to play with. Ideally I would love to give them each their own Pet Store case full of pets inside. I already have one, and I also bought the zoo case because I thought it was so cute. I had no idea there were this many LPS items until I started looking online for them! I'm selling items on ebay to make $$ to get more. :lol:
phoebemiller

Postby Waylah » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:29 am

That's a great start!

I don't have children yet, so my collection is definitely my collection, but I do envisage my future children playing with everything. Some day! I hope they like them ... :?
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Return to Introductions