Hello LPS People!

Introduce yourself to the community - we're so glad to have you here!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

Hello LPS People!

Postby mintinbox » Tue May 26, 2015 11:07 am

Just joined this forum, thanks for including me. :D I collected these toys in the 90's as a grown-up :geek:
I love them, just did not play with them, I obsessively kept everything mint in box or mint on card and have had them stored for many years. Now I see that you are all grown up and have happy memories of these wonderful little toys. I played with Liddle Kiddles as a girl and did the same thing with Kiddles that you are all doing now, I re-purchased my most loved toys from girlhood that I no longer had. So you go girls and keep on collecting what you love. I don't know if I have anything extremely rare, I just tried to buy one of everything that came out at Toys r Us or Kay b toys. I do have a few duplicates I will eventually sell. I think my favorite lps item is the charm bracelet that I was sure to send off for and I ended up with two complete bracelets because I had so many proofs of purchase! I gave one complete bracelet to my sister, so only have my own now. But I do remember that I sent in receipt copies to Kenner instead of tearing the proofs off my perfect boxes and cards.
mintinbox

Re: Hello LPS People!

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Tue May 26, 2015 11:30 am

Welcome! How interesting that you got to send in receipts and not paw prints. You must have had a lot of restraint to not open them as a kid! I hope you take photos of your collection. I'm sure everyone would love to see it. :D
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby loves toys » Tue May 26, 2015 4:52 pm

Welcome! It's great to have you here! We would LOVE to see your collection! :D
loves toys

Postby Waylah » Thu May 28, 2015 6:25 am

How clever to use the receipts and not damage the boxes! Also would love to see your collection :)
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Postby mintinbox » Thu May 28, 2015 7:04 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome! I have everything stored in bins but maybe I will get them out to photograph. Remember I was already an adult when I bought mine so I was able to look at it as a collector instead of a kid.
mintinbox

Postby loves toys » Fri May 29, 2015 6:24 pm

I love that you were already an adult and were collecting these. It'll be interesting to see how your collection compares to others since you were in the mindset of a collector.

PS. love your username! ;)
loves toys

Postby Alie » Sun May 31, 2015 2:21 am

Welcome !
I would love to see your wonders !
Alie

Postby ibuildabrit » Sun May 31, 2015 10:22 am

Welcome to the forum! I am not on very much (computer is broken and has been for a while) but I love this place! It's amazing here! I love that you started as a grown up and didn't damage your boxes. You are on smart cookie!
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
e. e. cummings
ibuildabrit

Postby moonlightkitty » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:56 pm

I'm really looking forward to admiring this collection, too!
[Blog]
Most wanted: paw print club kittens and puppies!
moonlightkitty

Postby jillrose » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:22 am

Welcome to the forum! :D
Most Wanted: fakie baby pets!
jillrose

Return to Introductions