Hi

Introduce yourself to the community - we're so glad to have you here!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

Hi

Postby Bonbon » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:27 am

Hello everyone,

I'm a French LPS's collector and a Titi chan's forum user. I've red your forum for several months and I really appreciate it because it's very complete and it's only about LPS (I've only this collection) but I didn't dare join you because of my english's level which is a shame... But I met LPS-in-Germany on Ebay and she convinced me to join you although my english is catastrophic... I'll try to improve myself gradually but don't hesitate to correct my mistakes. I would be grateful !

Concerning the LPS, my collection started when I was 6 years old. My parents gave me my first set for Christmas : the Marching Mice (92). I immediatly loved them and my sister and me always requested LPS for Christmas and birthdays. When we had enough pocket money, we bought a set and we shared the animals.
The relationship with my sister was very difficult during our childhood, we always quarreled... The only moments we stopped to fight were when we played together with our LPS. We adored them and we took care of them. They were our favourite toys and we didn't have many sort of other toys.
We played everyday and our stories continued day after day. All our animals had a name and a character. We created, through our stories, a mini society with a king, a mayor, teachers ect...
But we grew up and we stopped to play with our beloved toys... Fortunately, my relationship with my sister improved and now we are very close. I'm think it's thanks to our LPS because they proved we were able to get on despite everything.

LPS were a big and a beautiful part of my life, that why I decided to take up again my collection in 2013.
I found new LPS on Titi chan's forum and this month I found again my chilhood's LPS !! :D I was very moved !! :D I remembered all their names and many stories !!! :mrgreen: They remembered me so many memories :)
But they were tinted because of their storage in a very damped cellar with Schleich's figurines... I was so sad and desperated... :cry:
Fortunately, I found a solution to give back their beauty ! ;)
I hope I'll fulfill my child's dream : enlarge my collection and find those I wanted when I was child so as to finish my collection (I don't want to have all of them, they are too many but only those I knew and I dreamed of when I was a little girl...)
Bonbon

Re: Hi

Postby Nina:) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:36 am

Hiiii,

Nice to have you here!!!
Nina:)

Postby ibuildabrit » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:38 pm

welcome to our forum! I think that the love for the toys transcends the language barrier. I am so moved that you and your sister bonded through LPS and i am very excited to see your collection grow!
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
e. e. cummings
ibuildabrit

Postby sarafina » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:39 pm

Welcome, Bonbon!! How wonderful to have you here! Thanks for sharing your story with us...what a sweet thought about LPS uniting you & your sister.

I'd love to hear more about how you're restoring your discolored sets, and I'm so excited to see your collection grow while you're here. :)

Your English, by the way, is amazing!!! Truly! If you feel more comfortable writing/reading in French here, though, you can change the forum's language by following these steps:

-Click on User Control Panel
-Click on the Board Preferences tab
-In Edit Global Settings (the landing page for Board Preferences), go to My Language, and select Francais from the drop-down list. :)
Thanks to Lindsay1988 for my signature & Patty Krizan for the signature/avatar art!
sarafina

Postby loves toys » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:06 pm

Welcome to the forum! It's great to have you here! Your English is great!
loves toys

Postby twincheckers » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:37 pm

Welcome!
:D
twincheckers

Postby Bonbon » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:50 am

Thanks you for your warm welcome :D
Sarafina, I took your advice ;)
Twincheckers, I love your 3 dogs (they are cavalier king charles, aren't they ?). They are so cute ! I've a papillon.
Bonbon

Postby jillrose » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:48 am

Welcome to the forum! :)
Most Wanted: fakie baby pets!
jillrose

Postby 8Caroline8 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:03 pm

Welcome! I hope that you find all of the info and support you need for your LPS collecting!
8Caroline8

Postby twincheckers » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:59 pm

Bonbon wrote:Twincheckers, I love your 3 dogs (they are cavalier king charles, aren't they ?). They are so cute ! I've a papillon.

Thank you! Yes, my babies are Cavaliers.

Papillon's are cuties too! I love their ears.
twincheckers

Postby Bonbon » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:50 am

I love Cavaliers, they are so loving and peaceful ! They always are happy !
I've hesitated with them but I've chosen papillons because they are smaller and as I often travelled, it's more practical for me !
Just for you Twincheckers :

When she was a baby with her 9 years old rabbit friend

As an adult with her big ears ! For a papillon, she isn't very hairy...

Bonbon

Postby loves toys » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:27 pm

OMG! She is ADORABLE!!! :D
loves toys

Postby MoondancerMilkyWay » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:45 pm

Welcome!!
I think your English may be better than mine and I'm a native speaker!! though I'd love to learn French!! :D

I love that you and your sister bonded over LPS. my sister and I share our collection which is handy - because then we don't need two of everything!!
I loved your intro story and look forward to getting to know you better!!
MoondancerMilkyWay

Postby Bonbon » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:55 am

Thanks for her loves toy ;)

Thanks you MoondancerMilkyWay, I'll so glad to have a correspondence both in English and in French with you ! We could talk about many subjects (history, animals, cooking ect...) and correct our mistakes each other ! If you agree, I'll give you my adress mail and we could start our discussions so as to improve our language levels ! :D
Bonbon

Postby ibuildabrit » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:20 pm

Your dog is absolutely beautiful!
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
e. e. cummings
ibuildabrit

Postby MoondancerMilkyWay » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:42 pm

I would love that!!
It is not letting me send a PM though.
I will see if I can add my email to my profile. :D
MoondancerMilkyWay

Postby Bonbon » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:17 pm

MoondancerMilkyWay, I sent you a mp ;)
Bonbon