How is everyone?

Anything and everything!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

How is everyone?

Postby jillrose » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:48 pm

Hi all. Just want to make sure that everyone in the US is doing okay after this awful week :( It has been incredibly rough for me, as well as for many of my family members.

Those of you from around the world...please send some good vibes. Our country is in a messy, scary place right now. I am curious what is being said about the US election in other parts of the world.

It's all we can do to hope and pray for the best, and move forward with our lives!! :|
Most Wanted: fakie baby pets!
jillrose

Re: How is everyone?

Postby Waylah » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:44 pm

I'm hoping that it isn't as bad as it seemed at first. The media, the headlines, will always gravitate towards the worst extremes, so maybe its not an accurate depiction of how this will turn out.

Even so far away as here, it was big news, and I got quite depressed. (Like, I actually cried on and off for two days). But I"m feeling much more positive today. There are many different people who make up this world, and there is a lot of good out there. Even in the US government, there are many different people who work to make things happen. There was a lot of unpleasant rhetoric during the campaign, but now that that's over, and things are real, one person's voice is not the be-all end-all. Even during the campaign, he said 'everything is negotiable'. Just today I read he wants to keep the good parts of the affordable care act, like not being able to refuse insurance to people with pre-existing medical conditions. This is good news, and makes me hopeful that the election noise is not necessarily representative of what the next four years will be like.

So when the dust settles, I'm confident things will move forward. Sending good vibes to you all :)
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Re: How is everyone?

Postby twincheckers » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:31 am

Well, anyone who follows me on Facebook knows how I feel about the results....

I'd like to think that the stereotypical "politicians lie to get elected" will take over and he won't act on a lot of what has been proposed but I will become more politically active than I am already if I feel like my rights or the rights of others are threatened. IMHO, protesting now isn't doing anything except dividing us further. We need to unite and be ready to rally once legislation starts being written and debated. The divide between the left and right gets larger every day people scream "F*** Trump." He won, nothing we can do except look to the future and pray/meditate/cross fingers/break out good luck charms/etc.

Election aside, my father was in and out of the hospital all week with diverticulitis and some other related condition that I can't spell. He's home now and my mother says he's doing better but the whole thing was really hard to go through on top of the election and the stress of gearing up for the holidays working in retail. And boy has work been stressful... I could write a novel about the nonsense going on....

BUT, on the bright side of things, I got a super awesome annual review at work AND a raise! So something good did happen this week!!!
twincheckers

Return to Off Topic