2016 holiday CARD SWAP!!

Join in on our forum's swaps!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

2016 holiday CARD SWAP!!

Postby Waylah » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:40 pm

Who wants to send and receive some beautiful cards in the mail?? :D

How the swap works (largely copied from previous years):

When you sign up, you send me your mailing address. When sign ups close, I then send everyone a list of all the participants and their addresses and you send a card to everyone on your list (minus your own of course). If we get 8 people who sign up, everyone would be sending out 7 cards, make sense? Easy peasy lemon squeezy. International members are most welcome!

Swap Info:

Mailing deadline: December 10th

Rules:

--Cards may be handmade or store-bought and must be regular greeting card size. No teeny tiny cards (I mean, you could put a teeny tiny card in with a regular sized card, but just don't send only a tiny card to anyone); you are welcome to go larger just be aware there may be extra postage. Bonus points for LPS theme!!! ;)
--Cards may be all the same or tailored to each participant (or some of each :) ).
--Cards may be for any winter holiday or general winter. Be prepared to receive cards that may be celebrating a different holiday than you do.
--Be prepared to send cards internationally, which costs more than regular mail.
--All cards must be postmarked by the mailing deadline. If you need to mail your cards out late, just let me know.
--Once the sign up deadline has passed and addresses have been exchanged, you may not back out of the swap! So just make sure you will be able to meet the deadlines before you sign up. If you are not sure that you can, it is best not to sign up as a participant.
--If your circumstances mean you can't send cards this year, but you are interested in receiving cards, you can private pm me your interest as a card-receiver only. If participants express an interest in sending out extra cards, I can then give them your postal address.
--There is no obligation for participants to send cards to anyone not on the participation list. However, if you would like to send out extra cards, just let me know.
--Most important rule: Have fun!!

To sign up:
post in this thread your holiday of preference, and your favorite thing(s) about the season/holidays (in case any participant wants to tailor their cards) and then PM me your mailing address. Once I receive your address I will post your username in our list of participants!

Who's excited?! :D
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Re: 2016 holiday CARD SWAP!!

Postby twincheckers » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:02 pm

Holiday preference: Non religious Christmas or winter themed but any card is appreciated.

Favorite things about the holidays: gingerbread houses/men, candy, woodland/winter animals
twincheckers

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:43 am

I'm super excited!

I celebrate not-religious Christmas. And I love everything about the winter season! :D
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby katgyrl » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:04 am

I'm in!

I celebrate a religious christmas. I love getting any kind of card though!

I love reindeer, snow, animals in santa hats, horse drawn sleighs, winter scenes, song birds, cats, woodland creatures, winter animals, anything fun and cheerful. I'm pretty easy to please. :)
katgyrl

Postby jenna444 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:33 pm

Hey everyone! I don't post here much, but I have my own 90s toy-themed message board for Puppy in my Pocket. Joey is a member of both and he invited us to join you guys for the card swap! I swapped cards with you guys last year and had a lot of fun, so I thought I'd do it again!

I celebrate non-religious Christmas, but am open to all cards. I love animals (especially dogs) and art/being creative. Not a huge fan of snow or cold, but 'tis the season!
jenna444

Postby Waylah » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:17 pm

I love getting cards! and making them too. This forum makes this time of year really fun.

I celebrate a non-religious Christmas, and also the Summer solstice. In the Summer I like sitting in nature in the sun, and watching insects. I love all the festiveness of season! Anything fun :)
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Waylah

Postby katgyrl » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:58 pm

I bought my cards from Target! I found a really cut design. This month is going to be crazy for me so I'm opting with store bought this year.
katgyrl

Postby Waylah » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:19 pm

Hi everyone,
I sent out addresses on Nov 21, but it has just been brought to my attention that you may not all have received the message! Just let me know if you haven't and I'll send it to you directly.

Waylah

Postby twincheckers » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:40 pm

Received. Cards are made, envelopes addressed.... just need to take some time to write everyone a nice message. :D ;)
twincheckers

Postby twincheckers » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:16 am

Darn mailman came early today so I will have to go the post office, but my cards are going out TODAY! :D :D
twincheckers

Postby katgyrl » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:00 pm

got my card from twincheckers today! :D I haven't opened it yet though, but I'm excited to get my first holiday card! I finally was able to get stamps today so my cards will go in the mail tomorrow!
katgyrl

Postby jenna444 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:48 pm

I also got my card from twincheckers the other day! Made me get my butt in gear to get mine done-- they'll be out Saturday!
jenna444

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:10 pm

I got mine from twincheckers too! I mailed mine out. Unfortunately had to go with store bought cards this year. With work and being sick I couldn't make the custom idea I had a reality. Definitely will start earlier next year! Happy Holidays everyone!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby jenna444 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:52 pm

I got mine from Joey and katgyrl this week! Thanks guys! Has anyone gotten mine?
jenna444

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:15 pm

Jenna I got yours! OMG so super cute!!!!! I love it so much!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby katgyrl » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:14 pm

Glad some of mine are showing up! I haven't received any more yet but maybe soon!
katgyrl

Postby Waylah » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:45 pm

Got mine from Jenna; the stickers are amazing! Fantastic job. What a great idea.

Waylah

Postby jenna444 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:40 pm

Thanks everyone, I got all the cards I was expecting! Did everyone receive one from me? If not, please let me know and I can resend!
jenna444

Return to Swaps