2016 Holiday Swap! Shopping Time!

Join in on our forum's swaps!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

2016 Holiday Swap! Shopping Time!

Postby katgyrl » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:14 pm

Introduction:
These rules must be thoroughly read and complied with. To prove you have done so, there will be a secret word hidden in this post that you will be asked to provide in your sign up.
All amounts are in American dollars (USD).

Application requirements:
*Forum member for at least 5 months
*100 post count
*at least five trade feedbacks (all must be positive)
*at least 16 years old

The budget for this swap will be $15 + $5 in extras. I have kept it low to compensate for extra shipping for any of our international members. You are welcome to go over the budget but keep in mind your partner my not be able to do the same. Shipping is NOT included in the budget.

Check-in deadline: November 20th
International Shipping deadline: November 30th
Domestic shipping deadline: December 7th

Feedback is only for trading and selling on this forum. Ebay will only count if you have a forum member that can also vouch for your trading reliability. Previous participation in swaps will also count.

Wishlists:
- Please update/create your wishlist on the forum and include a link in your sign up.
- If you only have expensive/hard to find items on your wishlist you may not get any LPS items in your swap box
- Include any non-Kenner LPS items you would also like to get in your wishlist
- Once partners are assigned, please do not change your wishlist or buy things from it! If you continue to shop after the swap starts you may end up getting the same thing in your swap box, negative feedback may not be left for that!

Rules:
Please read these and do not join the swap if you cannot follow them.
- A swapper cannot withdraw from any swap once the wish lists have been exchanged.
- All items must be wrapped in holiday or decorative paper. Do not use newspapers or colored tissue paper.
- All packages must be shipped in cardboard boxes, not bubble mailers, unless you have spoken to us regarding this. Wrap items individually before boxing. Use some sort of padding like bubble wrap, white tissue paper, peanuts, etc.
- All items purchased for your swap partner must be on their swap list.
- $5 in extras are expected to be a part of the box
- A card, store bought or hand made, telling your swapper who you are must be included in your box.
- The swap limit DOES NOT include the costs of ANY shipping.
- A teaser post is required, this is usually started by a moderator or one of our little helpers!
- A brag post is also required so we can ensure you have received.
- The swap is secret, so we will not reveal your swappers surprise, and we ask that you keep the secret until your box has been received.
- We ask that people include a secret word to prove they have read and understood our swap rules. The secret word this year is sparkle. If this word is not included in your initial PM, your PM may be ignored.
- Please ship on time. If you need additional time, or need to ship early, please let Katgyrl know urgently.
- Please leave feedback for your partner once you receive your box
- When shopping for items, keep in mind that they need to be in or close to near mint condition unless otherwise specified. Baits are not allowed unless specifically requested in your partner's wishlist. Customs are allowed unless your partner said they don't want them.

Shipping Criteria:
- Airmail only for international, no exceptions.
- For US residents shipping to US residents, first class may be used but Priority mail is encouraged.
- Postal receipts are required; if something goes missing we will need to check.
- Delivery confirmations and/or insurance is highly suggested.
- All items should be well wrapped for shipping.
- We have a lot of international members, so you may be asked to ship internationally, keep that in mind when joining

After Shipping:
PM KATGYRL to let me know that you have shipped your person's box. This is a must.
Please also let me know that you have your shipping receipt and which shipping method you chose.

These rules may seem like a lot but they are necessary. Please don't sign up if you can't abide by them!

If you are interested in joining please pm the below information to Katgyrl:

Swap Form
Name:
Address:
Feedback link:
Secret Word:
Wishlist link:
Are you willing to ship internationally?

Participants:
Katgyrl (host)
Twincheckers
TequilaMockingbird
Waylah
Jeapos

After PMing your swap form, post your preferences here in the swap thread:

Preferences Questionnaire

1. What colours do you prefer:

2. What holiday do you celebrate? Do you want that reflected in your swap box?

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc. If you want a specific season to be reflected in your box say so here)?

4. What candy do you like or dislike? Do you have any food allergies?

5. What is your top five favorite LPS?

6. Are you open to a custom being part of your box? Any specific requests?

7. What other things do you collect?  Would you like these collections reflected in either the main items or the extras in your swap box?

8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?

9. Any other tidbits of info you want to share?
Last edited by katgyrl on Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
katgyrl

Re: 2016 Holiday Swap! sign ups OPEN to Nov 6

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:44 pm

Happy Holidays everyone!!!!

*My wishlist is very barebones. There isn't much that I still am searching for as far as LPS. I'm happy with whatever my partner wants to send. I've never been disappointed before :D

1. What colours do you prefer: My favorite color is yellow; but I love all bright and fluorescent colors!

2. What holiday do you celebrate? Do you want that reflected in your swap box? I celebrate non-religious Christmas but am also content with a winter themed box or anything really.

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc. If you want a specific season to be reflected in your box say so here)? I love animals and winter type items

4. What candy do you like or dislike? Do you have any food allergies? No allergies; not a fan of nuts. Love Chocolate, mint, and sugary and gummy sweets. Also chips and pretzels and teas.

5. What is your top five favorite LPS? Merpets, turtles, birds, bunnies, any and all baby sized pets

6. Are you open to a custom being part of your box? Any specific requests? I LOVE CUSTOMS! I'm always so impressed when I see what people create. Doesn't have to be a custom LPS piece, even LPS artwork, ornaments, etc. I literally love all things LPS :lol: I also appreciate other hand made items, ornaments, artwork etc.

7. What other things do you collect? Would you like these collections reflected in either the main items or the extras in your swap box? I collect similar type toys such as miniature animals. I also like nature type items, gems and stones, feathers, seashells, good luck charms. If there is something unique to your area thats great too!

8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)? Not that I know of

9. Any other tidbits of info you want to share? Not that I can think of.... :?
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby twincheckers » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:10 pm

1. What colors do you prefer: I love blues and greens. Only color I'm not a fan of is orange.

2. What holiday do you celebrate? Do you want that reflected in your swap box? We do a non religious Christmas.... either that or a winter theme is fine.

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc. If you want a specific season to be reflected in your box say so here)? Gingerbread houses/men, candy... and you can never go wrong with puppies....

4. What candy do you like or dislike? Do you have any food allergies? I love pretty much any candy. No allergies, not a fan of nuts in candy though. If you're from the Eastern US, Tasty cakes are awesome.

5. What is your top five favorite LPS? Playful Persian, Polar Pets, Bombay, Perky Pup, Happy Pup

Sure, let your creativity run wild! I love anything handmade if you're a crafty person so don't feel obligated to make an LPS piece if you'd rather make jewelry, etc.

7. What other things do you collect? I hoard books on any topic you can think of, I just started collecting the Tyco Little Mermaid Merchandise (some of it is really expensive MIB/MOC so I'm totally fine with open and somewhat baity pieces if you go this route).

8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)? Not that I'm aware of.

9. Any other tidbits of info you want to share? I LOVE animals, especially dogs. I'm a crafter. I love geeky things like Star Trek: TNG, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, World of Warcraft (for the Horde!!). Favorite Disney characters are the Cheshire Cat, anyone from Bambi, and anyone from Finding Nemo/Dory. Anything unique to your area/culture would be appreciated too. Feel free to send me anything baity from LPS or any other toy line; pets, food bowls, cages, etc.
twincheckers

Postby katgyrl » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:24 pm

Sign ups are open! PM me if you want to join the Holiday swap! We have a short sign up time so there is plenty of time for shopping and getting boxes to our partners for the holidays!

Here is my questionnaire:

Anything bright and cheerful! I love Christmas colors: red, green, silver, gold, white. In general I also love turquoise, bubblegum pink, sunflower yellow, apple green, grape purple, neon coral, neon pink, neon blue

I celebrate a religious Christmas as well as the Santa side of Christmas, and I would love for any of that to be a part of my box. I would also love if my partner included something that is special to how they celebrate the holidays!

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc. If you want a specific season to be reflected in your box say so here)? Animals with Santa hats, winter weather, woodland creatures, hawaiian, victorian, contemporary country, reindeer

I am celiac, so nothing with wheat, barley, rye, malt, or oats unless specifically gluten free. I love dark chocolate, peach gummies, reese's peanut butter cups, peanut m&m's, gluten free cookies, hard candies, root beer flavored candies, saltwater taffy, Glutino chocolate covered pretzels, Glutino lemon wafers, Pamela's GF pecan shortbread cookies

Poof n' Pretty Skunk, Baby Zebra, Desert Parakeet, Charming Kittens (brown and calico), Tiny Tortoises (orange)

Yes, I love customs! I would especially love a baby jaguar. I'm also happy to get customs of my other collections, handmade ornaments for my christmas tree, etc.

7. What other things do you collect?  Would you like these collections reflected in either the main items or the extras in your swap box?
I also collect stamps, My Little Ponies (mostly the original first generation), reusable totes, Ever After High dolls. I would love for any of these to be a part of my box in any way.

8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?
Not that I know of.

I love anything glittery or sparkly! I love sewing and always like getting interesting trims and ribbons and teeny tiny buttons for doll clothes (think Barbie doll size). I also love chickens and goats.
katgyrl

Postby jeapos88 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:48 am

1. What colours do you prefer: I love blues, greens, purple, silver.

2. What holiday do you celebrate? Do you want that reflected in your swap box? I don't celebrate any holiday. Winter theme for me, please.

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc. If you want a specific season to be reflected in your box say so here)? Snow! Snowmen, snowflakes, I love the blue/silver winter combo, Icicles. Hawaiian.

4. What candy do you like or dislike? Do you have any food allergies? I'm up to try anything. I can't have gluten, and don't care for chewy candy.

5. What is your top five favorite LPS? Baby bobcat, fearless falcon, Shy shetlands, Playful Kitten, Lion family

6. Are you open to a custom being part of your box? Any specific requests? I would love any custom, LPS or otherwise, or anything you like to make. also open to baity pieces.

7. What other things do you collect? Would you like these collections reflected in either the main items or the extras in your swap box? I collect books, tropical/hawaiian, sea turtles and american girl, specifically the first five dolls. However you wish to incorporate them into the box is fine with me.

8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)? not that I know of.

9. Any other tidbits of info you want to share? I'm a nerd. I love star trek, Stargate, lord of the rings. I love to try new things, and would love anything unique to your area. I am wanting to start making doll clothes, so any unique fabric, findings or other would be great. I make jewelry, so one of a kind beads are always cool.
I love cats, It's people I can't stand
jeapos88

Postby Waylah » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:35 pm

I like the combination of cyan and purple, or I also like the classic Christmas colours of red, green, silver and gold.

Non-religious Christmas, summer solstice, anything fun!

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc. If you want a specific season to be reflected in your box say so here)?
I'm not a fan of santa, but everything else festive and fun is great. It'll be summer here, but if it's winter there, then either season would make sense. I'm not fussed; I would love any theme.

I love chocolate! I also like caramel, crunchy biscuit pieces in chocolate, and I love things with raspberry centres and orange flavours. I don't eat gummy candy, jelly beans or marshmallows because I'm vegetarian (it's the gelatin).
But I'm not allergic so nothing will kill me! :lol:

Difficult choice!
Colour change cameleon
Bashful Bunny
Mommy and baby bunnies
Mommy hen
Mommy and baby kitties

Absolutely! If custom-making is your thing, then I'm all for it. I particularly like "I wish they made a ___ set" - type customs, like the kind you would dream about as a kid. Also other kinds of crafty ideas are welcome.

7. What other things do you collect? Would you like these collections reflected in either the main items or the extras in your swap box?
I have a sylvanian families / calico critters collection, but I know they're expensive so I'm not expecting any in my swap box. I also like lego.

Yes, Australia is a bit funny with their customs! But it should be fine, so long as there are no animal products, plant material, or unsealed food (so no home-baked cookies :( . Store-bought food is fine.)

I love animals, especially baby animals, wild and forest animals. We have recently been building a marine aquarium. I also love insects, natural history and science. and robots. and all of the cool things. I like activity kits too.
I don't really mind about the "All items purchased for your swap partner must be on their swap list" rule, seeing as I don't have a very easy-to-accommodate wish list. I prefer surprises anyway! Hopefully there's enough information in this post for inspiration.
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Re: 2016 Holiday Swap! sign ups CLOSED

Postby katgyrl » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:59 am

okay, looks like we have our swappers! Sign ups have been closed, I will be assigning partners today!
katgyrl

Re: 2016 Holiday Swap! Shopping Time!

Postby katgyrl » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:11 pm

Partners have all been assigned and sent out! So I'm pretty sure all of us have had each other at some point or another, but I did go through the last couple years of swaps. I drew names randomly and then and made sure people didn't get the same partners as previous swaps. It actually worked out perfectly, everyone got the name that was randomly drawn for them.

If you have any questions or concerns PM me! Don't forget this is a secret swap so don't tell your partner you have them! If at any point you run into trouble and need help with your box or won't be able to ship on time or ANYTHING let me know through a PM ASAP! Everyone here is an experienced swapper so I'm not really worried about you guys.

Don't forget to update your wishlist if you haven't already. Have fun shopping!
katgyrl

Postby katgyrl » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:07 pm

How is everyone doing? Anyone started shopping? I picked up some things for my partner! I actually made something too and dropped it on the ground and broke it. :shock: I'm definitely having fun though! How about you guys?
katgyrl

Postby jeapos88 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:09 am

I've picked up a few things, have ideas for a few more. Planning to make a few things, just have to start. Definitely having fun though :)
jeapos88

Postby twincheckers » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:39 am

I picked up a couple things unique to my area yesterday for my partner.... bought all the stuff to craft something and just haven't had time to start yet.... and I bought the wrapping paper... so I'm slowly getting there. I'll get to the "fun" when I get a day off and I can get some shopping time! ;)
twincheckers

Postby Waylah » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:25 am

I've got some plans I'm working on. Shhh! It's a secret! ;)
In other news, it was 34oC today. That's over 93 Fahrenheit. Hot weather is coming! :D
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Waylah

Postby katgyrl » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:19 pm

glad to hear people are having fun!

phew, Waylah, that is hot! I personally like my summers to stay around 80 or less. ;) I would probably melt in Australia. :P
katgyrl

Postby twincheckers » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:06 pm

TEASER PIC!! :D :D :D

Forgive the terrible lighting, camera died and I was using my phone.
Attachments
20161202_113119.jpeg
twincheckers

Postby Waylah » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:25 pm

Teaser! Got this sent out last week.
20161202_003709.jpg

(There are also some not-wrapped edibles not in the picture)

Waylah

Postby jeapos88 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:37 pm

I'm a little late in shipping(will be mailing tomorrow)
Attachments
IMG_20161205_202603596.jpg
jeapos88

Postby twincheckers » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:59 pm

Everyone else always wraps so neatly.... mine always look like a toddler wrapped them.... :oops:
twincheckers

Postby katgyrl » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:01 pm

awesome teaser pics! I wrapped mine all up last night but I forgot to take a pic!
katgyrl

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:05 pm

Teaser pic! So excited!!
Attachments
IMG_9525.JPG
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby katgyrl » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:37 pm

Shipped mine out today!
Attachments
IMG_20161208_110511446.jpg
katgyrl

Postby katgyrl » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:39 pm

Be sure to take pics and post them here when you get your package! Hopefully we'll start seeing them come soon!
katgyrl

Postby jeapos88 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:59 pm

I got my box from waylah! Thank you, I absolutely love it :) Especially the stargate earings, and the ring from lotr There's some fabric from various decades, and some very cool beads. I can't wait to make something with them.
Attachments
IMG_20161208_182828299.jpg
IMG_20161208_181920711.jpg
IMG_20161208_181959660.jpg
jeapos88

Postby katgyrl » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:41 pm

Lovely package! The sea turtle earrings look cute too! I'm curious, what's in the wallaby bites?

So I got my package from TacquilaMockingbird a few days ago, but I had to daughters with birthday parties this past week and then I came down with the flu Friday night! :( But I felt better enough today to open it up and just wanted to say thank you to Joey!!! It was an amazing package and he totally spoiled me! <3 I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how to load them from my phone!
katgyrl

Postby katgyrl » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:49 pm

Okay, so I think this is going to work.

TMB got me so many presents! Some super yummy treats, two adorable EAH bobble head pets (I hadn't even seen these yet, aren't they so cute?), and of course the most amazing thing was the deer family set!!!! I know this set is harder to find so I can't believe Joey got it for me!! PLUS he also got me a whole bunch of extra loose pieces I have been needing! I'm excited to pair then up with their sets! Thank you Joey, you definitely went above and beyond!
Attachments
IMG_20161211_105800339.jpg
All wrapped up
IMG_20161211_110956118.jpg
Opened!
IMG_20161211_111017743.jpg
Deer family!!
katgyrl

Postby jeapos88 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:27 pm

katgyrl wrote:Lovely package! The sea turtle earrings look cute too! I'm curious, what's in the wallaby bites?

The Wallaby Bites are dark chocolate, orange, almond, coconut. they're gluten free, and taste amazing!
jeapos88

Next

Return to Swaps