Join in on our forum's swaps!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

seasonal swap sign ups-Partners Assigned

Postby jeapos88 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:30 pm

Okay, it's swap time again!!!

Sign-ups: till Oct 26th

Domestic shipping deadline: Dec. 9th

International shipping deadline:December 2

TO SIGN UP:- Please read all of the guidelines below.

- If you agree to the guidelines, post your wishlist in a reply to this thread.
*In your wishlist, please include which holiday you celebrate and/or which season you would prefer
- After posting your wishlist, PM me with your mailing address and let me know if you are willing to ship internationally or not.

- A list of participants is at the bottom of this post...please post/PM me when you've shipped your package and when you receive the box from your partner.

- If you have questions or suggestions, please message me!

-Once deadlines are closed, everyone will receive their partner and address in a PM.

SWAP BOX GUIDELINES:

Minimum value of box contents: $20
*value of box does not include shipping/handling fee.
*NOTE: You're welcome to spend more than $20 on your box's contents. Please realize, though, that the box you receive may not be of equal $$ value to the one you sent.

- Theme: Holidays/ seasons! Your swap partner's wishlist will indicate which holiday he/she celebrates or if he/she would prefer a season- specific box. Try to keep the theme in mind as much as possible

- For the main goodies in your box, try to include as many LPS items as possible...otherwise, try to stick to your partner's other wishlist items. (A few venues to purchase LPS from, besides forum members and ebay, are Emery's Emporium, Sassi Toys, Pranceatron, and the Toy Stable).

- Items within the swap box should be individually wrapped - try to use festive wrapping!

- Box must include a card - either handmade or store-bought. Include your forum screen name in the card.

- Do not include any damaged items in your box - no baits allowed, unless your swap partner specifically mentions an interest in having baity items for customizing, etc.!

- You're welcome to include homemade goodies in the box!

- Include some store-bought candies or other food-treats

SHIPMENT GUIDELINES:

- You must use a box - not a bubble-padded envelope

- Packages shipped within the US must include Delivery Confirmation/Tracking

- Please save your shipping receipt

- Optional: Take a teaser photo of your packed box before you ship it!

WISHLIST INFO:

-Please indicate which holiday you celebrate and/or if you would prefer a general season-themed box

- In your wishlist, please be sure to list all allergies pertaining to this swap, food or otherwise.

- Besides posting a link to your LPS wishlist, also provide information on other collections you'd like to add to, candy preferences, favorites, etc. :)

- My wishlist is posted below as an example.
I love cats, It's people I can't stand
jeapos88

Re: winter/holiday swap sign up

Postby jeapos88 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:33 pm

Jeapos88 wishlist

Holiday:
I love winter in general, I don't celebrate any holiday, so just winter items please, I also like fall, I love the cool crisp air and all the colors.

Food/candy: I can't have gluten, and am not much of a chocolate fan, but I do love peanut butter/chocolate candy, or coconut/chocolate

Other allergies: no other allergies, although I don't care much for strong scented things.

COLLECTIONS & INTERESTS:

LPS Wishlist:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5186&p=30916#p30916

I also am open to any baity pets/pieces, for customizing or a custom lps ;)

Non lps items:
I love photography of all kinds, antique books of all sorts,the older the better. I have a wide range of subjects and ages, I also really love weird/unique books.I love tropical items, my home decor is tropical, sea shells, blues, greens, ocean/beach photos.
I make jewelry, and I prefer glass/stone/shell beads. I love handmade items, of all kinds. sea turtles, cats big or small.

I also have a small collection of handmade dolls from around the world. I love ones with traditional clothing. I have ones from Korea, Japan, Turkey, and Hawaii.

Anything from you're area would be cool as well. I am open to try new things.
jeapos88

Re: winter/holiday swap sign up-open

Postby katgyrl » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:34 pm

Yay! I'm totally in!

Lol, I wrote out all my wishlist a while back and then my computer froze so I lost it all. :evil:

Katgyrl's wishlist

Holiday:
I celebrate a traditional religious Christmas, we also do Santa and all that too. :) I admire all the holidays this time of year so if you celebrate a different on I would love to have my box themed with that. I do love wintery stuff too, especially reindeer and penguins and anything in a santa hat.

Food/candy: I am allergic to gluten, so nothing with wheat, barley, rye, malt, or oats (unless specified gluten free oats) please. I do love pretty much anything chocolate, especially dark chocolate. I also love fruity candies, like melon rings, starbursts, and mamba. I also love peanut or peanut butter m&ms, candy canes, hot chocolate, apple cider, chamomile tea. There are some really yummy gluten free goodies too, chocolate covered pretzels by Glutino, Lemon wafers by Glutino, and Pamela's Pecan Shortbread cookies are SOOOO yummy (and gluten free)!

Other allergies: not really any non-food allergies. If you get me anything scented I like christmasy-scented stuff (cinnamon especially). Coconut and lime scented stuff is one of my favorites (or pretty much anything tropical for that matter).

COLLECTIONS & INTERESTS:

LPS Wishlist: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5201

MLP wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,291 ... #msg117189

Doll wishlist:http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,553.msg19336.html#msg19336

I would customs of any kind, LPS, MLP, handmade doll clothes, etc, or any kind of handmade item. If my partner makes me Barbie (Monster High) sized Christmas treats I would totally be tickled.

Other collections/interests: reusable shopping totes (cute ones! ;) ), sewing buttons, stickers, bits of small/thin lace or ribbon or trim (I use it for doll clothing), Barbie sized buttons/buckles/other notions.

I do have an American Girl Christmas tree from my childhood I still set up every year, I would love to get teeny tiny ornaments to put on it, especially if they're handmade or LPS related. I would also love getting a regular sized ornament for my real Christmas tree, especially if handmade or special to the sender.

Favorites:

Animals: cats, big and small. Favorite animal of all time is a jaguar. I also love pretty much any other animal, gerbils, dogs, parakeets, horses, guinea pigs...

Colors: anything bright and cheerful

LPS: the Desert Parakeet, because he was my first set; the Baby Zebra, because I lost her for a long time and then found her again; and the Poof n' Pretty Skunk, because she was my most played with pet as a child; the jogging gerbils, because I grew up with (and still always have) real gerbils.

I'm really pretty easy to please, I just love receiving a box that someone else has put together just for me and appreciate the thought no matter what the contents. :) It's always fun to see what someone else picks out for you.
Last edited by katgyrl on Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
katgyrl

Postby twincheckers » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:42 pm

Twincheckers' Wishlist

Holiday:
Christmas... non religious... winter theme is okay too.

Food/candy: Anything sweet. No allergies but I'm not a fan of nuts in candy. STILL hunting for the fabled Red Velvet "twinkie" if you live in the Southern US.

Other allergies: no food allergies. My skin is sensitive so best to stay away from lotions and such. Makeup is okay, lip gloss is okay too.

COLLECTIONS & INTERESTS:

LPS Wishlist:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5138&p=30667#p30667

I have a few specific baity pieces on my list but any baity pieces are welcome too.

Other things I collect:
90s Barbie, In My Pocket, Lisa Frank (Max Splash, Dancing Dolphins are my favs), Skydancers

Other interests:
-Any animal: especially dogs (especially Cavaliers like my babies in my pic). Love whales and dolphins too.
-Reading: I love anything history related but any books are welcome.
-Geeky Stuff: World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek TNG, Star Wars.
-Disney: NEMO!! Cheshire cat, Bambi
-Crafts: especially scrapbooking and restoring my ever growing toy collection. :)

Misc:
-I have to wear costume jewelry for work now so I'm always hunting for necklaces and earrings. I'm short so long necklaces don't work well for me and nothing too big and flashy or I look like I'm a kid playing dress up. I'm not picky so anything you find would be put to good use.
-I'd love to try anything unique to your area or culture.
twincheckers

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:22 pm

Its so hard to believe that we are entering this time of year. Time flies!

Holiday: I celebrate Christmas. I'm a big fan of all the typical holiday things- red, green, trees, santa, snowmen, reindeer, etc. Everything wintertime is ok as well. And if there is a different holiday that you celebrate I'm ok with that as well.

Food/candy: I like chocolate (no nuts) and most sweets. I love christmas candies like those gold coins and holiday type things. I would also be a fan of home made items if you happen to bake or make anything. But I'm not really picky- No allergies or anything

My favorite thing to receive is customs. They don't even have to even be good ones! (although all the ones I have received have been excellent!). Even if they are LPS inspired ornaments or pictures or whatever your talent is. Last year I received these awesome LPS ornaments that were created using images of LPS birds. Very cool.

But if customs aren't your thing- no worries!

In addition to LPS… I like other animal related items, especially miniature. My favorite animals are birds and turtles. I also plan on getting a pug and french bulldog after graduation; so items associated with either of those mushy faces is great. :lol: And things that are nature related such as rocks, crystals, feathers etc. I'm also a fan of most things vintage such as vintage holiday decorations and things like that. Ornaments are good too or cool bracelets. Or anything unique to your area. Really just whatever you think is fun :D
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby Waylah » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:56 pm

Wow, has it been a year already?
Can't wait to pack another box!

Holiday: I'm not religious but I would love any theme! It's summer here, but a winter themed box is great too, if it's winter where you're from. So basically, any theme, any season! :D

Wishlist/Interests:
- I love miniature things, all animals, science, cute things, pretty things, and anything traditional or native to where you're from.
- I really like baby animals, pretty insects, and uncommon mammals, especially if they are native to where you're from.
- If you're an arty creative type, any kind of thing you create would be lovely.
- If you make customs, that would be awesome! Particularly all those ideas that made you say "I wish Kenner had made a set with [insert animal they didn't make here]".
- My LPS wishlist is here: http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339 but I understand that they are mostly hard to find pieces (except maybe the boxes, which I will list soon), so if you want an alternative specific toy to look for, I really like Sylvanian Families, and I don't have any!

Food:
I'm not allergic to anything but I'm vegetarian, so I don't eat jelly candies which contain gelatine. So for example, I don't eat jelly beans, gummy bears, nor marshmallows. But chocolate, caramel, and hard candies are great!
NOTE:Australia has really tough customs laws, so if including anything edible, only completely sealed store bought goodies, no homemade treats, sadly!
Also, no shells, wood, pine cones, feathers, dried flowers; any kind of natural stuff like that won't make it through customs, unless it is completely inert, like a rock or a fossil. I can send them but I can't receive them!
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Re: seasonal swap sign up-open

Postby jeapos88 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:25 am

Since some of our members are from countries that have already had winter, to make it a little more inclusive I have changed it to a seasonal/holiday theme instead. Feel free to change your season if you would like.
jeapos88

Postby loves toys » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:00 pm

I'm in!

Holiday: Winter or christmas, which ever ;)

COLLECTIONS & INTERESTS:

LPS Wishlist:
• any BLUE ready to go tags
• Mommy and Baby Bunnies - white mommy version - grey magnetic standing bunny, brown bunny laying looking to side
• Mommy and Baby Bunnies - brown mommy version - brown mommy bunny
• Mommy and Baby Kittens - grey mommy version - white magnetic nursing kitten
• Lil Paw Prints Puppy - paper pad
• Lil Paw Prints Kitty - spilt milk, paper pad
• Perky Pup with Cozy Crate - newspaper
• Zoo Jungle Bunch - list
• Zoo Desert Parakeet with Cactus Home - cardboard background
• Fearless Falcon with Cactus Perch - cardboard background
• Clever Collie with Puppy Pillow – collar
• Lively Shih Tzu with Puppy Nest - leash, collar, fact card
• Fancy Poodle with Comfy Cushion – collar
• Brave German Shepard with Travel Crate - leash and collar
• Crystal Pony - hair decoration
• Sweetheart Ponies with Moonglow Stable - comb, hair decorations
• Fluffy Persian Kitty with Cozy Kitten Nest - fact card
• Proud Crested Cockatiel with Gilded Cage - fact card
• Star Styles Pet Salon – collar
• Clubhouse Kitties – tire swing with rope
• Sweet Sleepy Puppy - green doll, newspaper
• Royal Carriage Ponies – both magenta saddles, pink hair decoration, brush
• Ice Palace Ponies - hair decorations, comb
• Lil Saddle Filly - saddle, hair decoration, brush, bottle
• Lil Wash and Pretty Filly - hair decoration
• Tickled Pink Kitty - two blue bows, new brush
• Pink Puff Puppy - brush
• Poof 'n Pretty Skunk – collar, bow, comb
• Kissing Sea Bunny - mirror, crown
• Magic Waterfall Pets - light pink hair piece, jewels
• Country Home Carrycase Playset - larger leash and collar
• Perky Playful Bunnies – playmat
• Lil Brush and Grow Filly - brush, hair decoration, blanket
• Pony ‘N Pet Stable Playset
• Kitty-Be-Mine Necklace
• Kitty Neck Charms
• Mommy Mer Catfish
• Splash ‘n Play Cat & Puppy - base and snail
• tea set - 2 blue spoons
• stamped cross stitch birth record
• stamped bibs
• easy bake oven set
• coin bank

Non lps items:
Books:
• Trixie Belden - need #23, 30-40
• Terri Blackstock
• Mary Higgins Clark
• Jodi Picoult

• Fairy Winkles
• Itzy Bitzy Pals - Frontier Friends
• vintage giga pets - particularly the Koala, Farm and/or Pound
• Doctor Who
• An American Tail - Fievel items
• Digimon mini figures - mainly the baby versions
• G2 Littlest Pet Shop Sea Turtles (picture below of the body style)
2441 s.jpg
loves toys

Postby Nina:) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:46 am

Yeahhhh...a swap i love them!! I'm from germany and i would ship international

I prefer a winter themed box, i love christmas, rendeers, snowmens, snowflakes and santa :D

For foods i love ervery art of sweets and candys like I love chocolate and jelly beans, i have no allergies.

COLLECTIONS & INTERESTS:

I'm a fan from Walt Disney (special: Lion King, Winnie the Pooh, Baby Pooh and Disney Babies) i also a fan from Hello Kitty and her friends.

My LPS-Wishlist:

http://vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 726#p30726

I also collect:

-FAKIES :)
-Baby Buddies (See wishlist ;))
-Polly Pocket (search for 1994 Baby & ducky in Barth room, 1995 steilen baby playtime)
-Disney movie DVD Cindarella, Tarzan, Oliver&Co (please with german soundtrack)
-Disney Babies
-Takara fakie Ponys
-Hasbro Puppy Surpise (vintage)
-Keypers: Mommy Turtle, Mommy Bunny, Mommy Kangaroo
-all Accessorries etc. from Winnie Pooh and Hello Kitty
-and i search a long time for the vintage puppy in my pocket koala family

Customs: I have some customs and i love them ;D

My loveliest color is pink or purple and my favorite pets are bunnys, guinea pigs and hamsters
Last edited by Nina:) on Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nina:)

Re: seasonal swap sign ups- closed

Postby jeapos88 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:29 pm

All partners have been assigned, let the shopping begin!!!

Please make sure your wishlists are updated for the swap :D
jeapos88

Re: seasonal swap sign ups-Partners Assigned

Postby katgyrl » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:24 pm

lol, I think I have started editing my previous post with my wishlist four times and got interrupted and my computer didn't save what I was writing. -.- I will get on the asap!

edit: I looked back and I guess I did finish it! :lol: Talk about mommy brain. :P
katgyrl

Postby loves toys » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:58 pm

How is everyone's boxes and shopping coming along? I know I am not as far along as I would like to be :? But no worries! Hoping to pick lots of goodies this coming week! :)
loves toys

Postby jeapos88 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:20 am

I've got most of my box planned, I just have to get everything together.
jeapos88

Postby katgyrl » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:42 am

I've got some of my items for my partner! There are a few things I'd like to make too. :D
katgyrl

Postby twincheckers » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:49 pm

Almost done. May have gone overboard... just need a few seasonal edible goodies to throw in. :)
twincheckers

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:58 pm

Pretty much done collecting everything. Just gotta wrap it all up! So exciting! :D
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby Waylah » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:00 am

I've got most of it, there's a custom I plan to make this weekend and then just need to get the edible goodies! Then the wrapping. I love the wrapping! :D
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Waylah

Postby katgyrl » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:33 pm

Ick, I have not had any time to do anything for this swap lately! :S Gotta get on the ball!
katgyrl

Postby Nina:) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:08 am

My Box is complete and i've ship her out :) yyeeaahhh

Postby Waylah » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:09 am

I'm running slightly late, hope to post it out tomorrow, but I promise it will be worth the wait! :D

Waylah

Postby katgyrl » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:17 pm

I've been working on a handmade piece for my partner yesterday and today! My baby's teething so he's not napping as well as usual which makes for very short productive times. :S Poor guy is getting two at once, and I forgot to get teething pills! -.- The piece is almost done though!
katgyrl

Postby Waylah » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:56 am

Are we doing teaser photos of everything wrapped up? Or just waiting till they arrive in people's hands?

Waylah

Postby loves toys » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:13 pm

Teaser Pics! I love them! :D
loves toys

Postby Nina:) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:13 am

loves toys wrote:Teaser Pics! I love them! :D

Ohhhh i ship my Box out and have only a Bad picture of them :(

Postby jeapos88 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:36 am

Waylah wrote:Are we doing teaser photos of everything wrapped up? Or just waiting till they arrive in people's hands?

You can if you want. I like to do them, and love to see everyone else's too
jeapos88

Next

Return to Swaps