Summer 2014 Swap and Brag Thread!!!

Join in on our forum's swaps!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

Summer 2014 Swap and Brag Thread!!!

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:51 pm

Hello Everyone!

Summer is here and its time for another swap! I happy to be organizing this one. :D Jeapos did a great job last year, so I'm going to follow much of that format.

Please sign up below. (Please ONLY post if you are willing to commit to the guidelines!)

Guidelines:

Shipping Deadline: Monday 7/28/14 (hopefully this will give everyone enough time to shop while it still being summer when they are received)

Minimim Amount to spend: $25. (You may spend more, but you shouldn't expect that your partner will)

Theme: Summer!! so try to include as much themed items as possible!

-Packages must be sent in a BOX (No bubble mailers!) and please make sure to save your shipping receipt for proof of shipping.

-Swap gifts should be wrapped individually to add to the fun preferably with themed wrappings.

-Must include a card (handmade preferred!) with your Forum Screen name written inside so your swap partner knows who the box came from.

-Unless your partner specifically states that they are looking for damaged/baity pieces... NO damaged items can be sent to your swap partner. This means nothing dirty or broken. If you are sending vintage toys or ponies there can be NO cut hair or missing tails and NO nibbles chew marks or chunks missing out of the plastic, etc

-Please also Post your Wishlist including LPS items, other toys, things you collect, favorite foods, etc
[LIST ANY AND ALL FOOD ALLERGIES THAT WOULD PERTAIN TO THIS SWAP]

-Be mindful about listing items that will go over the $25 limit

Happy Summer, happy shopping!

Shipping Status:
Joey- SHIPPED
Twincheckers- SHIPPED
Sarafina- SHIPPED :)
Jeapos88- not shipped
Katgyrl- not shipped
Last edited by TequilaMockingbird on Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Re: Summer 2014 Swap Sign-Up!

Postby twincheckers » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:53 pm

I tried to wait until Joey posted his wishlist as an example but I just couldn't wait any longer... so I'm in and here's my wishlist.

Favorite things about Summer: Indycar season! The beach! Hot weather! Iced tea! My birthday (June 30)!

Edible stuff: No allergies. Not a fan of nuts though. Anything sweet. If you live in the Midwestern US I ADORE Tastycakes and if you live in the Southern US, I'm still hunting for a red velvet "twinkie." I'm willing to try just about anything so if there's a treat that's popular in your area/country I'd like to try it.

Favorite colors: blues and greens.

lps wishlist: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5138 Any baity pieces (and not just animals: baskets, food bowls, etc. are welcome too)

Other collections: starcastles, 1990s Barbies, 1990s Polly Pocket, 1990s Skydancers. Puppy in my Pocket (http://vintageinmypocket.proboards.com/ ... ckers-list), vintage Lisa Frank (especially Max Splash, Dancing Dolphins)

Other interests: animals, dogs (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels like the adorable pups in my picture especially), reading (history is my favorite genre, mostly WWII and Holocaust literature but I will read just about anything), scrapbooking, crafting, cooking (I'm always looking for healthy-ish QUICK recipes so feel free to share some of your favorites). Geeky stuff like Star Trek (TNG), Star Wars, and World of Warcraft. Disney (Cheshire Cat, Bambi, Thumper, Flower, Scar, anyone from Finding Nemo).

Anything unique from my partner's area would be great too.
Last edited by twincheckers on Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
twincheckers

Postby sarafina » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:08 pm

Favorite things about summer: Flowers, berries, floating on rivers, summer concerts

COLLECTIONS & INTERESTS:

LPS Wishlist: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5051

MIB G3 MLPs

The Lion King

G1 Strawberry Shortcake

The Beatles

Anything related to vintage (1940s/50s) movies or culture!
I love love love classic movies, especially anything with Cary Grant. :D I love vintage ads, movie posters, etc. and have a soft spot in my heart for anything that has to do with soda fountains. :)

Books
I'm always looking for more books to read! I'm an avid reader of lit from classical antiquity and have a passion for history in general. I've also sort-of started to collect collections of Ralph Waldo Emerson's writing - antique books of his from every era.

Antiques
I collect all sorts of antiques - books, candlesticks, embroidered tea towels, etc.
Thanks to Lindsay1988 for my signature & Patty Krizan for the signature/avatar art!
sarafina

Postby jeapos88 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:30 pm

Favorite things about Summer: Fireworks!! Epic Storms

LPS wishlist: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5186

I am happy to have ANY baity pieces, pets or otherwise
Custom LPS are also welcome ;)

I would love anything unique to my partner's area

Photography:
books, photos

Antiques:
I love old books, the older the better. Any topic works, I have a wide range of tastes.

Nerd:
I love star trek:tng, lord of the rings, falling skies

My favorite colors are blue, green, purple.

I llove any thing tropical, especially sea turtles :)

My favorite animals are sea turtles and cats, I love big cats especially tigers and bobcats.
Last edited by jeapos88 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love cats, It's people I can't stand
jeapos88

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:36 pm

I'm so excited. I love summer and the nice weather. Sorry for the delay in getting my post out there. I started clinicals over the past few weeks and its so intense!

I don't have many things on my LPS wish list anymore that I'm looking for. But I love customs! So if you're feeling up to it I'd love it. Anything LPS related. Some of my favorite things are LPS themes ornaments from the christmas swap and a hand drawn card from Leah when I made a purchase from her.

Food/candy: I like chocolate and sweet/sour fruits/candies etc. I'm not too picky. If there is some thing from your area I'd love that too.

Things I love: anything bird related. Books, photographs, drawings, feathers. Its all great to me. And I love all things miniature. And stickers. Lisa Frank is always good as well. And I'm also just getting into IMP pets as well as lion king jungle babies. Pretty much anything animal related too, especially sea life.

Anything from my partners area is great too!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:38 pm

I'm thinking of extending the deadline. With the move and everything I want to make sure everyone is included in this. I'll push it back to next week. Just post below if you think you might be interested, even if you don't have your list together :)
TequilaMockingbird

Postby twincheckers » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:52 am

*bump*
twincheckers

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:12 am

Hey everyone. I'm closing this off on Monday. Then I will assign partners randomly. Looking forward to it!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby katgyrl » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:54 pm

I have not been on any forum for ages because of my new baby and now it's gardening season! But when Sarafina told me there was a swap, I had to jump in! My baby's waking up so I better make this quick!

Favorite thing about summer: GARDENING!!! I love flowers like dahlias and daisies and lilies. I grow lots of veggies during the summer, my favorites are tomatoes and zucchini.

Favorite treats: I am allergic to gluten, so nothing with wheat, barley, malt, rye, or oats please. My favorite candies are those Mellon/peach rings. I also love gluten free treats made by Glutino: chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate cookies ("Oreos"), lemon or chocolate wafers. Pamela's pecan shortbread cookies (they are gluten free) are one of my favorites too. Peanut butter M&Ms are always good, or Dove dark chocolates.

Collection wishlists:

LPS: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5201&p=31050#p31050
I would pretty much love any kind of custom LPS too!!!

My Little Ponies: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,291 ... #msg117189
I always love baby G1 MLP, or G1 ponywear! Handmade ponywear welcome too, especially hats!

Monster High and Ever After High dolls: http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,553. ... l#msg19336
Handmade doll clothing or accessories are always fun to get :)

I also collect reusable totes, foreign coins, stationary, shells, American Girl dolls

I love to sew, I always love to get buttons and other small notions (especially fashion doll - think Barbie - sized ones), ribbons and trims, etc.

I am obsessed with felt and I used up most of my felt stash around Christmastime, so any color of felt would be loved! I've been getting into embroidery so embroidery thread or hoops would be welcome. I'd love any embroidery patterns, I love things that are whimsical, modern-cutesy, or any modern or vintage farm kind of design (especially if it's chickens!).

I lived in Hawaii for two years so I love anything Hawaiian or tropical. Coconut scented anything I am crazy about. I also love sea turtles, Hawaiian tropical fish, and geckos.

My favorite animals are cats, big and little. My favorite big cats are jaguars, so if someone made me a jaguar custom LPS that would be so amazing. I also just love animals in general! I love dogs, guinea pigs, gerbils, chickens, cows, pigs, goats, snakes, lizards, parakeets, parrots, turtles, horses, fish, frogs, newts, I could really go on and on.

Favorite colors are anything rich and cheerful, more on the bright side but not neon. Turquoise is one of my all time favorite colors.

I love things that are handmade or earthy. Things made out of fabric, stone, or wood are my favorite (I'm very tactile-oriented I guess).

I do some papercrafting (haven't in a long time) so stickers and things like that are always fun.

I love Disney! And my family is probably going to be able to go to Disneyland this summer so Disney scrapbooking stuff, etch, would be cool. Stuff with Mickey Mouse/Minnie Mouse and their gang is always awesome. My favorite Disney movie is The Little Mermaid. I also really like Beauty and the Beast and Sleeping Beauty.

Hopefully that's enough, that's all I can think of for now!
katgyrl

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:01 pm

Ok. Thanks everyone who signed up. I'll be pulling names out of a hat and assigning partners. I'll pm everyone in the next few days. Then just pm me your shipping address and I'll send that out next. I'm so excited!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:16 am

Partners have been chosen. Check your PMs! Good luck everyone :)
Don't forget to send me your mailing address so I can pass it on!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby katgyrl » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:43 am

Got my partner! Off to search their wish list! :D
katgyrl

Postby sarafina » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:05 am

Yay! Thanks for putting this together, Joey! To my dear partner: I'll be updating my wishlist this afternoon, so more will be added shortly :)
Thanks to Lindsay1988 for my signature & Patty Krizan for the signature/avatar art!
sarafina

Postby sarafina » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:00 pm

I finally updated my wishlist...sorry for the delay! There are more options there now, though! :)
sarafina

Postby katgyrl » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:17 pm

Here's a question I just realized I don't think any of us answered: What is your favorite LPS!

My answer to that question is a little complicated, since I don't really have just one favorite!
My three most favorites which were also my favorites as a child are the gerbils, the baby Zebra, and the Poof n' Pretty Skunk. I also like all the cats (had the Charming Kittens as a kid), I also like all the Zoo animals, since I had several of those sets as a kid, like the baby tiger and zebra, and the polar pets, and the Playset as MY playset. AND I also like all the Dazzling Hair Pets! I had lots of those as a kid and thought they were the coolest (when those came out was probably when I discovered I really was not the tomboy I was trying so hard to be ;) ).
katgyrl

Postby katgyrl » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:56 pm

Nobody's going to respond?! I guess we're all busy shopping for our partners? ;)
katgyrl

Postby sarafina » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:40 pm

Whoops, I must have missed that post...

My favorite sets are any of the Country Fun Pets...I just love how sweet and whimsical they are. :)
sarafina

Postby twincheckers » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:44 pm

I think my favorites would be the Happy Puppy and Perky Puppy... and the Fluffy Persian.... lots of good memories with those from my childhood. :)
twincheckers

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:58 am

Has anyone heard from Jeapos lately? I still haven't heard back from her about the swap or her address. I'm not sure what to do. :?
TequilaMockingbird

Postby sarafina » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:52 am

Joey wrote:Has anyone heard from Jeapos lately? I still haven't heard back from her about the swap or her address. I'm not sure what to do. :?

I haven't heard from her - I'll try emailing her today & will let you know if I hear anything. ;)
sarafina

Postby jeapos88 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:49 pm

I'm here!!
I've been staying with my mom this past week while my floors are being refinished. She has been having trouble with her internet and I've been so stressed about stuff with my house that I kinda forgot :oops: I will send my address later today.
jeapos88

Postby sarafina » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:13 pm

I'm just checking in to say that I finished the LPS portion of my shopping and am excited to put the rest of the box together! :)
sarafina

Postby katgyrl » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:24 am

Me checking in too! I just received the LPS stuff for my partner in the mail today! :D Now the fun part of putting the box together and stuffing it with goodies!
katgyrl

Postby twincheckers » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:30 pm

Well, I'm not as far along as I would've liked to be at this point but if I survive inventory over the next two days I'm treating myself to a trip to _______ and I plan on doing a little shopping for my partner there. ;)
twincheckers

Postby jeapos88 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:28 pm

I'm not as far as I would like, but I pretty much know what I want to do for my partner.
jeapos88

Next

Return to Swaps